Coldwell Banker uses Findigs, a nationally based service that screens potential tenants’ criminal history, residential history, and credit history. Pursuant to Property Code Section 92.3515, these Tenant Selection Criteria are being provided to you. The following constitute grounds upon which Landlord will be basing the decision to lease the Property to you. You will be notified if your application is denied based on information obtained from your credit report. We use a cumulative scoring system. Your application will be denied if you cannot pass 3 of our categories. Otherwise, we may approve you with modified conditions.
- Previous Rental History: Landlord will/may verify your previous rental history using the information provided by you on the Lease Application. Your failure to provide the requested information, provision of inaccurate information, or information learned upon contacting previous landlords may influence Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you. Ideally we are looking for applicants that have good rental history for 3 years and are in good standing with previous landlords.
- Current Income: We will ask you to verify your income as stated on your Lease Application. Depending upon the rental amount being asked for the Property, the sufficiency of your income and the ability to verify the stated income may influence the Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you. Income should be a minimum of 3 times the rent and verified by the employer through pay stubs, tax returns, and/or bank statements. Self-employed income may also be verified with a CPA-prepared financial statement or tax return.
- Employment History: Your employment history should reflect at least six (6) months with your current employer. Transfers or relocations must have correspondence showing an accepted job offer. Hourly employees must be able to show six months of 40 hours or consistent overtime. Otherwise, we will use a 30-hour workweek to income qualify. Income from the military, disability, Social Security, child support, or other benefits must have copies of award letters provided with the application showing amounts and dates of benefits.
- Criminal History: Landlord will perform a criminal history check on you to verify the information provided by you on the Lease Application. Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you may be influenced by the information contained in the report.
- Credit History: Landlord will obtain a Credit Reporting Agency (CRA) report, commonly referred to as a credit report, in order to verify your credit history. Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you may be based upon information obtained from this report. If your application is denied based upon information obtained from your credit report, you will be notified.
Your failure to provide accurate information in your application or your provision of information that is unverifiable will be considered when deciding to lease the Property to you.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 806-784-3271 or email us at email@example.com.
- If the applicant is a registered sex offender.
- If the applicant has been convicted of a violent crime or drug charges within 2 years.
- Any domestic abuse convictions within the past 5 years.
- Two (2) or more DWI’s within two (2) the past years.
- Applicants that have not kept previous properties clean and sanitary.
- More than 1 Eviction within two years
- Credit scores below 540
- Failure to Provide Accurate Information in Application: Your failure to provide accurate information in your application or your provision of information that is unverifiable will be considered by Landlord when deciding to lease the Property to you.
Eviction in the last 12 months
Damage to property exceeding $1000
False Information given in the application
Approval with modified conditions:
Examples of modified conditions are increased security deposit, Risk Mitigation Fee, additional rent, shortened or extended lease terms, payment of lease upfront in whole or 3-month increments, guarantors, or paying off back amounts owed to other management companies. Risk Mitigation Fees are not refundable and must be paid in full prior to move-in.
- If the applicant does not have a sufficient rental history.
- If their income is not three times the amount of rent.
- Evictions over three years old.
- Credit scores between 541 – 600 or outstanding debt that exceeds $750.00
- Pets that are on the dangerous breed list.
SECOND CHANCE LEASING
We understand that not everyone has perfect credit or circumstances may have affected past tenancies. Second Chance leasing is an approval process that takes a common sense approach. Therefore, Coldwell Banker Property Management offers Second Chance Leasing to tenants who may be approved for leasing by paying additional fees that help offset the monetary risk for the owner of the home.
If you fall within our automatic denial list, we cannot offer second-chance leasing. Our second-chance leasing program will not be offered if you do not qualify in at least 3 of our qualifying categories.