Coldwell Banker uses Tenant Tracker, a nationally based service that screens potential tenants criminal history, residential history, and credit history.
- Criminal History: all applications will involve a criminal history check to verify the information provided by you on the Lease Application is accurate. Your landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you may be influenced by the information contained in the report. We will not rent to anyone with a conviction for an aggravated crime or to any person required to register as a sex offender. Other criminal history issues will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Previous Rental History: Tenant Tracker will verify your previous rental history using the information provided by you on the Lease Application. Your failure to provide the requested information, provision of inaccurate information, or information learned upon contacting previous landlords may influence our decision to lease the Property to you.Rental history must be verified from unbiased sources. Home ownership will be verified from a current credit report. Evictions on record within the previous 3 years will be considered on a case by case basis and by paying the risk mitigation fee (see below). Broken leases will be considered on a case-by-case basis and an additional security deposit may be required.
- Credit History: Tenant Tracker will obtain a Credit Reporting Agency (CRA) report, commonly referred to as a credit report, in order to verify your credit history. Our decision to lease the Property to you may be based upon information obtained from this report. If your application is denied based upon information obtained from your credit report, you will be notified.
We understand that not everyone has perfect credit. Therefore, Coldwell Banker Property Management offers Second Chance Leasing to tenants who may be approved for leasing by paying additional fees that help offset the monetary risk for the owner of the home. In addition to 1st months rent, admin fees, pet fees (where applicable), and security deposits, the tenant may pay the following risk mitigation fees:
- $250 Risk Mitigation Fee – If your debt in collection is $750-$1499, you will be required to pay the $250 risk mitigation fee upfront.
- $500 Risk Mitigation Fee – If your debt in collection is $1500 or above, a $500 risk mitigation fee is required upfront.
- Prior Eviction Fee – If you have had a prior eviction within the last 3 years of applying with CBRPM, you will be required to pay a $1500 risk mitigation fee. This fee must be paid out within 2 months from the date of application.
In addition to the information provided by Tenant Tracker, we will also ask you for the following:
- Current Income: We will ask you to verify your income as stated on your Lease Application. Depending upon the rental amount being asked for the Property, the sufficiency of your income along with the ability to verify the stated income, may influence Landlord’s decision to lease the Property to you.Income should be a minimum of 3 times the rent and verified by the employer through pay stubs, tax returns, and/or bank statements. Self-employed income may also be verified with a CPA-prepared financial statement or tax return. Your employment history should reflect at least 6 months with your current employer. Transfers or relocations must have correspondence showing an accepted job offer.Hourly employees must be able to provide 3 months of stubs to verify income. If less than 3 months are provided, income will be based off of a 30 hour work week.
Income from military, disability, Social Security, child support, or other benefits must have copies of award letters provided with the application showing amounts and dates of benefits.owing:
Your failure to provide accurate information in your application or your provision of information that is unverifiable will be considered when making the decision to lease the Property to you.
If you have any questions, give us a call at 806-784-3271 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.